A cookie is a file containing information packet that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track web browsers.
There are two main types of cookies: "persistent" cookies or"session" cookies.
A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date).
A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
You can find out more about cookies via the resource www.aboutcookies.org.
Cookies on our website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on our website. We may send to you the following cookies:
|.IMMAUTH||Track user login session||Session|
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to make sure it’s meeting its users’needs and to understand how we could do it better.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
The following cookies are set by Google Analytics
|_utma||randomly generated number||2 years|
|_utmb||randomly generated number||30 minutes|
|_utmc||randomly generated number||Session|
|_utmx||randomly generated number||2 years|
|_utmxx||randomly generated number||2 years|
|_utmz||randomly generated number and information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search)||6 months|
Opting out and blocking cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- In Internet Explorer you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy" and then "Advanced";
- In Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools","Options", "Privacy", selecting "Use custom settings for history"from the drop-down menu, and unticking "Accept cookies from sites";and
- In Chrome, you can block all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Content settings", and then selecting"Block sites from setting any data" under the "Cookies"heading.
Blocking all cookies may, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of our websites. You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer. For example:
- In Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files(you can find instructions for doing so at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835);
- In Firefox, you can delete cookies by clicking "Tools","Options", "Privacy" and then "Show Cookies", and then clicking"Remove All Cookies"; and
- In Chrome, you can delete all cookies by accessing the "Customise and control" menu, and clicking "Settings", "Show advanced settings" and "Clear browsing data", and then selecting"Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data" before clicking"Clear browsing data".
This website is owned and operated by European Pharmaceutical Market Research Association (EphMRA). If you have any questions about our cookies or this cookies policy, please contact us via the contact form.
Registered address: European Pharmaceutical Market Research Association, CH Basel, c/o Streicher & Brotschin Treuhand AG, Gartenstrasse 101, 4052 Basel, Switzerland
EphMRA 2021 - Antwerp - June 15 -17
Our conference has been postponed until 2021 and will take place on 15-17 June in Antwerp 2021. You can listen to outstanding presentations that would have been presented this year in Antwerp as Webinars, which are available to EphMRA members only. Please go to our main EphMRA website to register online. You can find all of the webinars on our events calendar - https://ephmraevents.org/events/
Call for Papers 2021
We are now looking for inspiring, innovative and insightful papers for our conference next year in Antwerp and you can find our call for papers here - https://www.ephmraconference.org/conference-2020/antwerp-2021/call-for-papers-2021/ with all the information you need to submit your ideas.